- Maximum return on investment
- Renovate a 2 bedroom apartment in a duplex
- Insulate exterior walls and attic
- Top to bottom all-new unit
- Redesigned kitchen layout to maximize space and use
Project Budget: $45,000
Project Duration: 2 month
- COVID-19 safety requirements
- Material shortage and price fluctuation
- Materials shipped from surrounding areas to maintain timelines
Curb appeal is what gives homebuyers their first impression of a property before they even step inside. The aesthetic look of a home’s exterior can tell what someone can expect to find on the other side of the front door.
Owning a home is often a rewarding experience. After all, who doesn’t want a place they can make entirely their own?
Yet, there’s also a reason the phrase, “the joys of homeownership,” is often repeated with a touch of irony. Homes need to be continually cared for, and everything inside your home has a finite lifespan. Understanding how long these big-ticket items generally last is the first step toward ensuring their replacement doesn’t put you in a financial bind.
In today’s environment, many buyers want move-in ready homes to avoid financial surprises.
One can mortgage the purchase of a home that includes a new furnace but if you purchase a home that needs a furnace, be ready to pay for it in cash or on your visa card at a very high-interest rate.